Thursday, September 17, 2015

My Personal Philosophy

The purpose of life would be to enjoy living and something that I love is music since it makes me who I am. I think the joy music brings is one thing that will never change as time goes on. I would like to say that the experience that was the most significant to me was when my parents pushed the younger me to continue music, it is not the truth. It was the moment, or rather three and a half hours, I watched The Phantom of the Opera in Hollywood.

It was a breathtaking experience. I can still remember how the first haunting chord of the “Overture” blew me away and the rest of the songs continued to amaze me. From “Angel of Music” to “The Final Lair”, the show had my full attention. Aside from the enthralling music, I loved the characters and could relate to them and their passions. It was also significantly different from watching a recording or the movie. In the theater you feel as if the music surrounds you but the recordings and movie doesn’t have that same majestic feeling.

This experience is gave me the desire to never let music go. The show allowed me to find my muse and to find my music once more. I had lost my music and forgot my purpose with it after years of mindless practicing and The Phantom of the Opera actually made me feel enraptured by music once more. It was a feeling that I had felt in my early childhood but had forgotten ever since. Now music is my love and passion. It is always there to help cheer you up or express your feelings. It is one of the most important things in my life and it keeps me from giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment